binondo-church

Binondo Church, also known as Minor Basilica of St. Lorenzo Ruiz and Our Lady of the Most Holy Rosary Parish , is located in the District of Binondo, Manila fronting Plaza San Lorenzo Ruiz, in the Philippines. This church was founded by Dominican priests in 1596[1] to serve their Chinese converts to Christianity.[2] The original building was destroyed in 1762 by British bombardment. A new granite church was completed on the same site in 1852 however it was greatly damaged during the Second World War, with only the western fa├žade and the octagonal belfry surviving.

Read more:http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Binondo_Church